Prices of gasoline are always subject to change. One week the prices may be low and the next week they are high again! How can you save money at the pump so you can keep it in your wallet? Here are some great tips to pay less at the pump:
- Check out gas prices. If you find yourself driving around to look for the best gas price, you are losing money! Don’t drive around to find the price, head online and plan ahead! You can use Gasbuddy.com and other sites to research current gas prices. This way you can plan your entire outing around getting gas for the best price.
- Buy gas at night. When gas is colder and your car is cold, the gas is dense so you will end up getting more fuel for a lower cost.
- Maintain your vehicle properly. Keeping your car in good condition can prevent the car from consuming too much fuel when you are out and about. You need to make sure the tires are properly inflated and that your fuel filter is clean. Performing routine maintenance on your car can easily help you to keep the costs down.
- Stick with the “generic” brand. A lot of people are sold on expensive fuel because it has some type of additive that will clean your engine and make it last longer right? That’s what the companies want you to believe. In truth, fuel is fuel and all companies are required by law to add specific detergents to the fuel to help keep your tank cleaner and to reduce emissions.
- Keep to the speed limit. When you are driving around you want to avoid rapid acceleration. This burns more fuel. You will save more money for your car if you will stick to the speed limit. Anything over 65 will burn off more fuel for your car as well.
- Gas cards can help you save a few cents when you fill up. Maverick, Sam’s Club, and Costco are just some of the companies that allow their “members” to shave a few cents off each tank of gas. This is a simple way to save on your gas expenses.
Buying gas doesn’t need to pinch your wallet! Use these simple tips to start paying less at the pump today!